SP700 Printer Setup
The SP700 ticket printer is ideal for restaurants that need to print order tickets to the kitchen. This printer is specially designed to withstand high-temperature kitchen environments.
Table of Contents
Connect Printer to Router
Before starting, you will need Wi-Fi at your location and access to the router. The SP700 is not wireless and must be plugged into a router via physical ethernet connection.
- Plug the power cable into the printer's rightmost port & the other end into a power outlet.
- Plug an ethernet cable into the printer's '100/10BASE' port
- Connect the opposite end of the ethernet cable to a numbered port on the router.
- Open the printer’s front lid to reveal the ink ribbon tray.
- Place and lock the ribbon into place. Then, close the lid.
- Flip the power switch to turn on the printer.
- Open the back cover and load the paper.
Load the paper so it feeds up from the bottom of the roll.
- Wait for the READY light to turn solid green.
Link Printer to Ambur
After connecting the printer, find its IP address, enter it in Ambur, and complete setup.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold down the 'Feed' button.
- Continue to hold down the 'Feed' button and turn the printer back on.
- When you hear the first beep, let go of the 'Feed' button.
- Two pieces of paper print out. On the second piece, look for the IP address listed at the bottom.
- In Ambur, tap 'Management' and select 'Printers'.
- Tap the + button to add a new printer.
- Enter printer information and settings.
Name | Name the printer
IP Address | Type the IP address listed on the diagnostics receipt.
Printer Type | Tap to select ‘STAR Line Mode-STAR SP700’.
Characters Per Row | Leave this set to 0. Changing this setting can cause issues with printing.
Open Drawer on Print? | Receipt Printers. Toggle on for a connected cash drawer to open each time a receipt prints.
Kitchen: Print Notes in Red if Possible? | Kitchen Printers. If on, kitchen notes print in red (only on the SP700).
Kitchen: Print 2x as Wide in Line Mode? | Kitchen Printers. If on, letters on kitchen tickets print twice as wide.
Kitchen: Print Line Between Items | Kitchen Printers. If on, lines appear on kitchen tickets to separate menu items.
Raster Font Size | This field only applies to the TSP 100 printer.
- Tap to assign group settings.
Printer Groups | Kitchen Printers. Choose printer groups this printer will print kitchen tickets for.
Closed Order Devices | Receipt Printers. Pick which devices print a receipt to this printer when an order is closed. Must toggle on ‘Print receipt on order close’ for receipt to print automatically.
Customer Copy Order Types | Receipt Printers. Prints a customer receipt for selected order types when you send items to the kitchen.
Customer Receipt Devices | Receipt Printers. Choose which devices need to print open order receipts to this printer.
Kitchen Copy Devices | Kitchen Printers. Set which devices reprint kitchen tickets to this printer. This does not override assigned kitchen printers for menu items.
Kitchen Copy Order Types | Kitchen Printers. Assign the printer to print a kitchen ticket for selected order types. Two tickets print if order items are part of a printer group assigned to a printer and order is given this order type.
Delete Printer | Removes the printer from Ambur.
- (optional) Tap the action button and select 'Print Test Sheet' to test the printer.
Use permissions to fine tune what a group of users can access when adding or editing printers.
- Go to 'Permissions' and choose a user group.
- Select 'Printer'.
- Modify permissions as needed:
Toggle whether users in the group can add or delete printers.
Select ‘Hide’, ‘View’, or ‘Edit’ next to each feature.
Hide | User Group will not see the feature at the register.
View | Ability to view but not change the feature.
Edit | User group can make changes to the feature.