The Discounts report helps you keep track of how many discounts are given during the day, the value of discounts processed, and which employees are applying those discounts to orders.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
You must be using Ambur version 2.9.1 or above to run this report. Visit our Update the Ambur App support article to learn how to update.
- Click 'Discounts'.
- Hover over the view button to select a preset view.
Hover over the preset to see its description.
- Hover over the calendar to select a preset or custom time period.
The Summary section gives an overview of all the total discounts processed based on applied filters. View data by Total, Location, Discount Type, or Staff.
- Hover over 'Summarize by...' and select a summary type.
Total | Displays the total of discounts applied.
Click for an example of the Total Summary.
Location | Displays the total discounts applied for each linked Ambur location.
Click for an example of the Location Summary.
Discount Type | Breaks down the total discounts applied by discount name.
Click for an example of the Discount Type Summary.
Staff | Displays discounts applied according to users who applied them.
Click for an example of the Staff Summary.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Discounts | The total number of discounts given out.
Amount | The total dollar value of the discounts given out.
The Details section breaks down the Summary to show each discount applied based on applied filters.
Discount Type | Name of the applied discount.
Discount ID | Unique, Ambur created ID used for tracking the discount.
Order ID | The unique, Ambur created used for tracking the order.
Order Name | Name of the order.
Staff | Name of the user/employee that ownes the order last.
Customer | Customer who received the discount.
Location | Location where the discount was applied.
Discounts | Total number of discounts applied to that order.
Amount | Total dollar amount discounted.
- Hover over 'Add Columns' and select 'Location'.
Use the built-in filters to get the specific data you need. When you apply filters, the report displays only the discounts that match those parameters.
- Click a filter to expand its menu.
- Click to select a value(s) for the filter.
- (optional) Click ‘Reset’ to remove all filters.
Save a Custom View
Save your customized Discounts report (including your date range, Summary selection, and filters) so you can quickly return to that exact view later.
- Hover over 'Views' and select 'Save my search as a view...'.
- Enter a name and a description of the view and click 'Save As View'.
Change the Default View
- Hover over 'Views' and select ‘Change default view’.
- Select a new default view for the report and click 'Save'.