The Discounts report helps you keep track of how many discounts are given during the day, the value of discounts processed, and which employees are applying those discounts to orders.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
You must be using Ambur version 2.9.1 or above to run this report. Visit our Update the Ambur App support article to learn how to update.
- Click 'Discounts'.
- Hover over the views button to select a preset view.
Hover over the preset to see its description.
- Hover over the 'Time period' to select a preset or custom time period.
The Summary section gives an overview of all the total discounts processed based on applied filters. View data by Location, Discount Type, or Staff.
- Hover over 'Summarize by...' and select a summary type.
Location | Displays the total discounts applied for each linked Ambur location.
Click for an example of the Location Summary.
Discount Type | Breaks down the total discounts applied by discount name.
Click for an example of the Discount Type Summary.
Staff | Displays discounts applied according to users who applied them.
Click for an example of the Staff Summary.
- (Optional) click the plus sign to select another option to organize your summary by.
The summary will include columns for to all selected summary types.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Discounts | The total number of discounts given out.
Amount | The total dollar value of the discounts given out.
The Details section breaks down the Summary to show each discount applied based on applied filters.
Discount ID | Unique, Ambur created ID used for tracking the discount.
Discount Type | Name of the applied discount.
Order Ref | Click the link to view detailed information about the order.
Order Name | Name of the order.
Staff | Name of the user/employee that ownes the order last.
Customer | Customer who received the discount.
Location | Location where the discount was applied.
Discounts | Total number of discounts applied to that order.
Amount | Total dollar amount discounted.
- Hover over 'Add Columns' and select 'Location'.
Use the built-in filters to get the specific data you need. When you apply filters, the report displays only the discounts that match those parameters.
- Click a filter to expand its menu.
- Click to select a value(s) for the filter.
- (optional) Click ‘Reset’ to remove all filters.
Save a Custom View
Save your customized Discounts report (including your date range, Summary selection, and filters) so you can quickly return to that exact view later.
- Hover over the views button and select 'Save my search as a view'.
- Enter a name and a description of the view and click 'Save As View'.
(optional) Check ‘Make this my default view’ to make it the default view that loads for the report.
Change the Default View
- Hover over the views button and select a view.
- Hover over the view button and click 'Set current view as default'.
Export the Report
Quickly export, send, share, or print a copy of your report to send to each of your Shift Leaders every month. This will help all your supervisors keep track of discounts being used and/or over-used.
- Select 'Discounts' from the Reports menu.
- Select a date range and filter the report, if necessary.
- Click 'Export'.
- Select 'Google Sheet', 'Email PDF...', 'Email Excel...', 'Share Link', or 'Print' from the dropdown menu.
- (Optional) If you select an email option, customize the email by entering recipients, a subject, and a message before clicking 'Send Email'.