The Payments report allows you to see which payment methods are used most often, who processes the most customer orders, and which locations bring in the most revenue.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
In Ambur Cloud, run the Payments report to see what customers paid for orders during a time period.
You must be using Ambur version 2.9.1 or above to run this report. Visit our Update the Ambur App support article to learn how to update your app.
- Click 'Payments'.
- Hover over 'Views' to load a custom preset view.
Hover over a preset to view its description.
- Hover over 'Time period' to select a preset or custom time period.
The Summary gives an overview of what customers paid for orders during the selected date range. View payments by type, total, or by any of the criteria mentioned below.
- Hover over the menu and select a summary type.
Payment Type | Summarizes payment totals for each payment method.
Click for a sample view of the Payment Type Summary
Total | Displays total combined payment information across all locations.
Click for a sample view of the Total Summary
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Payments | Number of payments received.
Base | Total payments amount before Tip.
Tip | Amount of tip added to payments.
Payment Total | Base plus Tip.
The Details section breaks down the Summary and shows individual payments that were received.
Most columns have been defined in the Report Summary section above. Below are terms we did not cover:
Payment Ref | A unique identification number assigned to the payment by Ambur.
Every payment type (Cash/Credit/Other) receives a Payment ID.
Order Ref | A unique transaction ID number assigned to each order by Ambur.
Date | Date the payment was received.
Time | Time the payment was received.
Name on Card | Name on the credit card used for payment.
‘Name on Card’ appears for swiped credit card payments only.
Last 4 | Last 4 digits of the credit card used for payment.
‘Last 4’ appears for swiped credit card payments only.
- Hover over 'Add columns' to select additional table columns.
Location | Displays the business location where each payment was received.
Click to view a sample of the Location column
Order Name | Gives the name of the order associated with each payment.
Click to view a sample of the Order Name column
Staff | Displays the employee associated with each order.
Click to view a sample of the Staff column
Filter the Report
Use the built-in filters to see the specific data you need. When you apply filters, the report displays only the payments that match those parameters.
- Click a filter to expand its menu.
- Select value(s) for the filter.
- (optional) Click ‘Reset’ to remove all filters.
Save a Custom View
Save your customized Payments report to quickly return to that exact view later. Once a view is saved, it can be set as the default view that opens when the report is launched.Save a Custom View
Change the Default View
- Hover over ‘Views’ and select ‘Save my search as a view’.
- Enter a name and description of the view.
- (optional) Check 'Make this my default view' to make it the default view that loads for the report.
- Click 'Save as view' to save the view.
- Hover over 'Views' and select ‘Change default view’.
- Select a new default view for the report and click 'Save'.