The Payments report allows you to see which payment methods are used most often, who processes the most customer payments, and which locations bring in the most revenue.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
In Ambur Cloud, run the Payments report to see what customers paid during a specific time period.
You must be using Ambur version 2.9.1 or above to run this report. Visit our Update the Ambur App support article to learn how to update your app.
- Click 'Payments'.
- Hover over the views button to load a custom preset view.
Hover over a preset to view its description.
- Hover over 'Time period' to select a preset or custom time period.
The Summary gives an overview of what customers paid for orders during the selected date range. View payments by type, total, or by any of the criteria mentioned below.
- Hover over 'View by...' and select a summary type.
Payment Type | Summarizes payment totals for each payment method.
Click for a sample view of the Payment Type Summary
- (optional) Click the plus sign to select another option to organize your summary by.
The summary will include columns for to all selected summary types.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Payment Count | Number of payments received.
Base | Total payments amount before Tip.
Tip | Amount of tip added to payments.
Payment Total | Base plus Tip.
The Details section breaks down the Summary and shows individual payments that were received.
Most columns have been defined in the Report Summary section above. Below are terms we did not cover:
Payment Ref | Click the link to view details about the payment.
Every payment type (Cash/Credit/Other) receives a Payment ID.
Order Ref | Click the link to view details about the order the payment was applied to.
Date | Date the payment was received.
Time | Time the payment was received.
Date Batched |Date of the settled batch the payment was included in.
Name on Card | Name on the credit card used for payment.
‘Name on Card’ appears for swiped credit card payments only.
Last 4 | Last 4 digits of the credit card used for payment.
‘Last 4’ appears for swiped credit card payments only.
- Hover over 'Add Columns' to add more columns to the table.
Location | Displays the business location where each payment was received.
Click to view a sample report with the Location column
Order Name | Gives the name of the order associated with each payment.
Click to view a sample report with the Order Name column
Staff | Displays the user associated with each order.
Click to view a sample report with the Staff column
Filter the Report
Use the built-in filters to get the specific data you need. When you apply filters, the report displays only the order payments that match those parameters.
- Click a filter to expand its menu.
- Select values for the filter.
- (optional) Click ‘Reset’ to remove all filters.
Save a Custom View
Save your customized Payments report to quickly return to that exact view later. Once a view is saved, it can be set as the default view that opens when the report is launched.Save a Custom View
Change the Default View
- Hover over the views button and select ‘Save my search as a view’.
- Enter a name and description of the view and click 'Save as view'.
(optional) Check ‘Make this my default view’ to make it the default view that loads for the report.
- Hover over the views button and select a view.
- Hover over the views button and select 'Set current view as default’.
Export the Report
Quickly export a copy of the Payments report to share it with others who may need its data.
- Hover over the 'Export' button and select an export method.
Google Sheet | Copy the report data to a Google spreadsheet.
Email PDF | Send the report attached to an email in PDF format.
Email Excel | Send the report attached to an email in Excel format (.xlsx).
Share Link | Copy a direct link for the report to your clipboard.
Print | Print the report to a connected printer.