Analyze users’ shifts with the Shifts report. See how many hours users work along with their cash tips, pay rates, and total wages earned.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
In Ambur Cloud, run the Shifts report to see employee hours logged during a specific time period.
You must be using Ambur version 2.9.1 or above to run this report. Visit our Update the Ambur App support article if you need help updating.
- Click 'Shifts'.
- Hover over the view button to load a preset view.
Hover over a preset to see its description.
- Hover over the 'Time Period' button to select a preset or custom time period.
The Summary section gives an overview of user shifts by location, staff member, user group, menu period, or day of the week.
- Hover over the 'View by' button and select a summary type.
Menu Period | Total hours logged during each menu period.
Click for a sample view of the Menu Period Summary
Day of Week | Total hours logged for each day of the week.
Click for a sample view of the Day of Week Summary
- (optional) Click the plus sign to select another option to organize your summary by.
The summary includes columns for all selected summary types.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Staff | Name of user.
No Shifts | Number of shifts worked during the given time period.
Hours | Total number of hours logged.
Rate | Hourly pay rate of user.
Wages | Amount earned (Rate x Hours).
Cash Tips | Total amount of cash gratuity received.
Gross Income | Total amount earned (Wages + Cash Tips).
The Details section breaks down the Summary and shows each individual user’s information.
Most columns are defined in the Report Summary section above. Below are terms we did not cover:
Clock In | Date and time user clocked in.
Clock Out | Date and time user clocked out.
User Group | User Group that the user belongs to.
- Hover over 'Add columns' to add more columns to the table.
Location | Adds a column to display the location of each shift.
Filter the Report
Use the built-in filters to get the specific data you need. When you apply filters, the report displays only the shifts that match those parameters.
- Click a filter to expand its menu.
- Select values for the filter.
- (optional) Click ‘Reset’ to remove all filters.
Save a Custom View
Save your customized Shifts report so you can quickly return to that exact view later. Once a custom view is saved, it can be set as the default view that opens when the report is launched.
Save a Custom View
- Hover over the views button and select ‘Save my search as a view’.
- Enter a name and description of the view and click 'Save as view'.
(optional) Check ‘Make this my default view’ to make it the default view that loads for the report.
Change Default View
- Hover over the views button and select a view.
- Hover over the views button and click 'Set current view as default'.
Export the Report
Quickly export a copy of the Shifts report to share it with others who may need its data.
- Hover over the 'Export' button and select an export method.
Google Sheet | Copy the report data to a Google spreadsheet.
Email PDF | Send the report attached to an email in PDF format.
Email Excel | Send the report attached to an email in Excel format (.xlsx).
Share Link | Copy a direct link for the report to your clipboard.
Print | Print the report to a connected printer.