Use the Promotions feature to simplify happy hour and other specials. Promotions automatically adjust menu prices based on the date/time, so servers never need to manually apply a discount.
Table of Contents
Create a Promotion
Set up the restaurant’s promotions so they are active when you need them. If more than one is scheduled at the same time, the customer receives the lowest price on that menu item.
Update Ambur to version 2.8.1 or above to use Promotions. Visit the Update the Ambur App support article for more information.
- Tap ‘Management’ and select ‘Promotions’.
- Tap the + to add a new promotion.
- Fill in the required information:
Name | What the promotion is called. This also appears on customer receipts.
Active | If toggled on, the promotion is enabled. If toggled off, it is disabled.
From Time | Time the promotion starts.
To Time | Time the promotion ends.
- Tap 'Recurrence', select how often the promotion happens, and tap 'Done'.
Once | The promotion happens only on a selected date.
Daily | The promotion repeats every day.
Weekly | The promotion occurs every week on selected days of the week.
Monthly(Each) | The promotion happens every month on selected dates (1-31).
Monthly(On) | The promotion repeats every month at a chosen interval (e.g. third Sunday).
- Select the field under 'Recurrence' and pick days or dates.
Day/date options vary based on the recurrence method selected above.
- Tap 'Add menu item' and choose items involved in the promotion.
- Tap an item's price, enter how much it sells for during the promotion, and select 'Done'.
This price appears on the menu to alert servers when the promotion is going on.
- Repeat step 7 for all items in the promotion.
Use permissions to fine tune what a group of users can access when adding or editing promotions.
- Go to ‘Permissions’ and choose a user group.
- Select 'Promotion'.
- Modify permissions as needed.
Toggle whether users in the group can add or delete promotions.
Select ‘Hide’, ‘View’, or ‘Edit’ next to each feature.
Hide | User Group cannot see the feature at the register.
View | Ability to view but not change the feature.
Edit | User group can make changes to the feature.