Ambur tracks employee shifts as register users clock in/out each day. Shifts allow managers to track hours worked, wages earned, and tips claimed.
Table of Contents
- Logging In & Out
- Logging In
- Logging Out
- Using the Time Clock
- Clocking In
- Clocking Out
- Managing Shifts
- Shift Permissions
Logging In & Out
With each register user set up, logging in/out of the register ensures orders, time punches, etc. are tracked under the proper employee.
Employees must log in before doing anything at the register, including clocking in.
- Enter your password and tap 'Done'.
Employees should log out when they are done at the register so other employees can log in.
- Tap the globe and select 'Log Out'.
Using the Time Clock
Employees use the time clock by clocking in and out as required.
Watch our Using the Time Clock video below:
After signing in, register users clock in to record the starting date/time of their shift.
- Tap the globe and select 'Clock In'.
- Press 'OK' to dismiss the clock in time.
Users clock out when finished for the day to end their shift.
- Tap the globe icon and press 'Clock Out'.
- Press 'Clock Out' to confirm.
- (optional) If 'Print Hours on Clock Out?' is enabled, select a printer to print your hours to.
- Enter the total amount of cash tips to claim and tap 'Done'.
(optional) Press ‘Shift Report’ to generate a summary of the shift.
If a user forgets to clock out or enter tips, edit their shift to make it correct.
Run a Payroll Report for a list of all shifts, hours worked, and other shift information.
Watch our Managing Shifts video below:
- Tap 'Management' and choose 'Shifts'.
- Press the + button to add a new shift or select one to edit.
(optional) To delete a shift, swipe from right to left across it and press ‘Delete’.
- Fill in or edit the shift information.
Started | The date and time the user clocked in.
Ended | The date and time the user clocked out.
Hourly Wage | User’s hourly rate as determined by their user group.
Note | Enter notes about the shift, if applicable.
Tips Claimed | Cash tip amount as entered by the user when they clock out.
Earned | User’s hourly wage multiplied by hours worked.
User Group Name | The name of the group the user is assigned to.
User | Tap to select/edit the user whose shift it is.
Delete shift | Removes the shift from Ambur.
Use permissions to fine tune what a group of users can access when adding or editing shifts.
- Go to 'Permissions' and choose a user group.
- Select 'Shift'.
- Modify permissions as needed.
Toggle whether users in the group can add or delete shifts.
Select ‘Hide’, ‘View’, or ‘Edit’ next to each feature.
Hide | User Group will not see the feature at the register.
View | Ability to see, but not change the feature.
Edit | User group can make changes to the feature.