Table Layout Setup
The table layout is a visual representation of the restaurant. Learn how to customize the layout and use it to take orders.
Table of Contents
Set Up the Table Layout
Add tables to create the restaurant’s layout. With 160 grid spaces, the table layout is flexible enough to handle even complicated setups.
- Tap 'Management' and select 'Table Layout'.
- Choose 'Square' or 'Circle' tables.
- Tap anywhere to add a table.
- Enter a name, the number of guests it fits, and tap 'Done'
- (optional) Hold & drag a table to move it to a new position.
- Tap 'Done' to save the layout.
Start a New Order
Open an order directly from the table layout to associate it with a table.
- Tap the table button to open the table layout.
- Select a table and choose the number of guests.
- Proceed as usual with the order.
Visit the Creating Orders support article for more information.
Read the Table Layout
Tables change color as orders grow older. Learn how to decipher the various colors that may appear on the table layout.
Green, yellow, and red represent the current user’s orders:
Green means the order is less than 45 minutes old.
Yellow means the order is more than 45 minutes old.
Red means the order is over 1 hour 15 minutes old.
Light Grey means the table is occupied by a user not currently logged in.
Dark Grey means the table is open with no associated order.
Table Layout Settings
Customize settings in Ambur to display orders totals on the table layout or turn the layout itself on/off.
- Tap 'Management' and select 'Settings'.
- Toggle on or off relevant settings:
Show Order Total in Table Layout | Displays an order’s total amount under its table on the layout.
Use Table Layout | Makes the table layout the default screen that opens when a user logs into Ambur.