Barcode Scanner Setup
Set up the Socket Mobile 7Ci and 7Mi Barcode Scanners to scan UPCs and barcodes to seamlessly add them to orders, allowing you to quickly add packaged items, bottled drinks and other items with barcodes to customer orders and keep restaurant traffic moving.
Table of Contents
- In the Box
- Hardware Setup
- Insert Batteries
- Charge the Scanner
- Scanner Mode
- Pair Scanner
- Add UPC Codes
In the Box
The Socket Barcode Scanner ships with the parts listed below.
Follow the sections below to set up the scanner hardware.
The scanner arrives with 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries. Insert the batteries into the scanner.
- Turn the lock so it is horizontal and remove the cover.
- Insert the included batteries.
Use only the included NiMH batteries. Do NOT use standard alkaline batteries.
- Replace the back cover and turn the lock so it is vertical.
Charge the Scanner
Charge the scanner via the included adapter for 5 hours before using it for the first time.
- Plug the USB charging cable into the scanner or charging cradle (sold separately).
- Connect the other end of the charging cable into the charging adapter.
- Plug the charging adapter into a power outlet.
- Charge the scanner for a minimum of 5 hours.
The default mode of the scanner is HID mode. To scan items in Ambur, update the mode to iOS mode.
- Hold the power button to turn the scanner on.
- In the scanner's manual, scan the 'Application Mode for iOS' barcode.
Command codes and instructions for iOS mode can also be found on page 22 of the online manual.
Now that the scanner is charged and in iOS scanning mode, pair the scanner with the iPad to start scanning items for orders.
- Open the Settings app on the iPad.
- Tap 'Bluetooth'.
- Turn Bluetooth on, then tap the 'Socket' device.
- Wait for the scanner's status to change to connected.
The scanner remains paired with the iPad until powered off or disconnected.
Add UPC Codes
Now that the scanner is paired with the iPad, add UPC codes to items that will be scanned at the register.
- In Ambur, tap 'Menu'
- Select an item or add a new item.
- Enter or scan the item's UPC in the Barcode field.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each item.
Start scanning items to add them to orders!