Server Functions Troubleshooting
This guide focuses on solving issues that servers may encounter while using the Ambur app. Having trouble clocking in, processing payments, or printing receipts? It’s all covered here.
Table of Contents
- I am unable to clock in for my shift.
- I don't see any of my open orders.
- Why can't I cancel a reservation?
- How do I reopen a closed order?
- How do I process a partial refund?
- Nothing happens when I swipe a credit card.
- The receipt printer does not print.
- The Ambur app appears to be frozen.
- Ambur is running very slowly.
- "Email not set up" or "Messaging not setup"
- Client devices sometimes disconnect from the Hub.
I am unable to clock in for my shift.
Most problems associated with clocking in/out are caused by login issues or incorrectly set permissions.
- Tap the globe and make sure your name is listed as logged in.
- If your name is not listed, log out and log back in.
- Tap ‘Log out’ on the globe menu.
- Enter your code and tap ‘Done’.
- Tap the globe and select ‘Clock In’.
- Still can't clock in? Ask a user with Management permissions to change your permissions.
- Go to the Permissions menu.
- Select the ‘Actions & Ordering’ group.
- Toggle on ‘Clock In’ and ‘Clock Out’.
I don't see any of my open orders.
More than likely, you are signed in as the wrong user.
- Tap the globe and select 'Log Out'.
- Enter your code and tap 'Done'.
Why can't I cancel a reservation?
If you do not see the red ‘Delete reservation’ button, permissions are preventing you from deleting reservations.
- Ask a user with Management permissions to change your permissions.
- Go to the Permissions menu.
- Select the ‘Reservation’ group.
- Toggle the ‘Delete’ option on.
How do I reopen a closed order?
If you close a customer’s order but they decide to continue ordering, follow these steps to open the order back up.
- Tap 'Closed' and select an order to reopen.
- Tap the action icon and choose 'Open'.
How do I process a partial refund?
Partial refunds are not supported by Ambur, you can only refund the full amount of the order.
- Refund the full amount of the order.
Visit the Refunds article for help performing a refund.
- Ring up the amount you need to charge the customer and process a new payment.
Nothing happens when I swipe a credit card.
If your iDynamo credit card reader is suddenly unresponsive, follow the steps below to troubleshoot its connection with your device.
- Disconnect the iDynamo from the iOS device.
- Reconnect the iDynamo and attempt the transaction again.
- If the problem persists, turn the iOS device off and back on.
Having other issues with your credit card reader? Visit our iDynamo Troubleshooting guide for help.
The receipt printer does not print.
Troubleshooting steps will vary based on your specific issue. Visit our TSP100 Troubleshooting guide for help resolving the problem with your printer.
The Ambur app appears to be frozen.
If the Ambur app is unresponsive, follow our troubleshooting steps to fix the situation.
- Force quit the Ambur app.
- Open Ambur back up.
Ambur is running very slowly.
This may happen if you are using an unsupported iOS device, running an old version of the Ambur app, or if your Ambur app database has exceeded 150 MB.
- Check the model of your iOS device.
Follow the steps in our Best Practices guide to find your model and see if it is supported.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Ambur app.
Visit our Update the Ambur App article to learn how to check for updates.
- Reduce the size of your database.
Visit the Reduce Database Size article to learn how to back up and reduce your database.
"Email not set up" or "Messaging not setup"
These errors appear if you try to share an order or reservation but do not have the proper account set up on your device.
- For "Email not setup", add an email account to your device.
Visit Apple Support to learn how to set up your email account.
- For "Messaging not setup", sign into iMessage on your device.
Visit Apple Support for help signing into iMessage.
Client devices sometimes disconnect from the Hub.
A number of factors can affect the connection between the Hub and client devices. Follow the steps below to ensure you’re running a solid connection.
- Make sure that Ambur is always open on the Hub.
For client devices to connect to the Hub, the Ambur app must always remain open.
- Turn 'Auto-Lock' off on all iOS devices.
Visit our Best Practices guide to learn how to toggle this setting.
- Update all devices to the latest version of the Ambur app.
Visit our Update the Ambur App article to learn how to update.
- Check that all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Visit our Connect to a Wi-Fi Network article for help with this process.
- Make sure any guest networks are run from a separate router.
Guest networks can interfere with device connectivity, so we recommend running any guest networks from a separate router.