If you purchased a new device or no longer have access to the current hub, follow the steps below to learn how to replace it with a different device.
Table of Contents
Stop Hub from the Hub
Save a backup of the hub, then ‘Stop Hub’ to stop the database from syncing. If you no longer have access to the hub device, view the Changing Hub section below.
- Tap the Globe icon, then 'System Status'.
- Scroll down to 'Backup Database Now'. When the backup is complete, tap 'Done'.
- Tap the Globe icon, then 'Stop Hub'.
- Confirm by tapping 'Stop Hub'.
- Start the Hub on the new device by downloading Ambur and activating as an existing customer.
Read our Start Hub article to learn more.
If your hub is damaged or stolen, follow the steps to start a new one.
- Download Ambur from the App Store and open the app.
- Tap 'I'm an Existing Customer'.
- Select 'Start a Hub'.
- Enter the email address and password, then 'Log in'.
- Tap 'Make this iPad my New Hub' in the prompt to set the new Hub device.
Or, ‘Cancel’ to return to the Start/Connect to Hub screen.
- Select 'Start a Hub'. The database will start to restore.
- Enter your PIN to begin using the register.