Starting Your Day
From starting the hub to running opening reports, restaurants perform many tasks each day before opening to customers. Luckily, starting your day in Ambur is as simple and straightforward as it gets.
Table of Contents
- Start the Hub
- Connect Clients
- Log In / Clock In
- Count the Drawer
- Update the Login Screen Message
- Recommended Reports
Start the Hub
The Hub stores all of the restaurant’s data and acts as a central server for other client devices. If Ambur is intentionally closed or closes due to inactivity, start the Hub before doing anything else.
- Open Ambur and tap 'Start Hub' to go to the login screen.
For more on the Hub, visit Set Up and Manage Devices.
After starting the Hub, reconnect all clients. Clients are other devices that run Ambur, like an iPad register or an iPhone that a server uses to send orders to the kitchen.
- Open Ambur and tap 'Connect to a Hub'.
- Select the Hub device to go to the login screen.
Log In / Clock In
- Enter your PIN and tap 'Done' on the login screen.
- Tap the Globe icon and select 'Clock In'.
- Tap 'OK'.
- (Optional) Select the Globe icon and 'Log Out' so another user can log in.
Or, remain logged in to continue using that Ambur device.
Visit the User Groups and Users support article to see how to automatically require staff to clock in as soon as they log in.
Count the Drawer
Record the opening cash amount in a safe location somewhere outside Ambur. At the end of the day, use this amount in conjunction with Ambur’s reporting to manually reconcile the till.
- Count the starting amount in the till.
- Tap the Globe icon and select 'Open Cash Drawer'.
- Place the till in the drawer and close the drawer.
Update the Login Screen Message
Keep staff informed by updating the message that appears on the login screen. Use it to display daily specials, let servers know which menu items to push, or to highlight other important details.
- Tap 'Management' and select 'Settings'.
- Enter a new 'login screen message'.
The message appears above the keypad so employees see it before they log in.
Check out these reports for important information staff can use to prepare for opening.
This report helps make the restocking process more efficient by showing what sold during a date/time range so staff know what to replenish first.
Click to view a sample Item Sales report
- Tap 'Management' and select 'Reports'.
- Choose a starting and ending date and time.
(Optional) Toggle the ‘Detailed Report’ switch to green to include extra information (e.g. modifiers sold for Item Sales).
- Pick a report and tap 'Run Report'.
- Choose whether to print, email, message, or view the report on screen.