The Discounts report helps you track how many discounts are given out, the value of those discounts, and which employees are applying discounts to orders.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
In Ambur Cloud, run the Discounts report to see discounts applied within a specific date range.
You must be using Ambur version 2.9.1 or above to run this report. Visit our Update the Ambur App support article to learn how to update.
- Click 'Discounts'.
- Hover over the views button to select a preset view.
Hover over the preset to see its description.
- Hover over 'Time period' to select a preset or custom time period.
The Summary section gives an overview of total discounts by location, by discount type, and by staff.
- Hover over 'View by...' and select a summary type.
Discount Type | Breaks down total discounts applied by discount name.
Click to view a sample Discount Type Summary.
- (optional) Click the plus sign to select another option to organize your summary by.
The summary includes columns for all selected summary types.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Discounts | Number of discounts given out.
Amount | Dollar value of discounts given out.
The Details section breaks down the Summary to show each individual discount applied.
Discount Type | Name of the discount.
Date Applied | Date and time the discount was applied to an order.
Order Ref | Click the link to view details about the order the discount was applied to.
Order Name | Name of the order the discount was applied to.
Staff | Name of the user who last owned the order.
Customer | Name of the customer associated with the order.
Discounts | Number of times the discount was applied to that order.
Amount | Total dollar amount deducted by the discount.
- Hover over 'Add Columns' to add more columns to the table.
Location | Displays the location where each discount took place.
Filter the Report
Use the built-in filters to get the specific data you need. When you apply filters, the report displays only the discounts that match those parameters.
- Click a filter to expand its menu.
- Select values for the filter.
- (optional) Click ‘Reset’ to remove all filters.
Save a Custom View
Save your customized Discounts report so you can quickly return to that exact view later. Once a custom view is saved, it can be set as the default view that opens when the report is launched.
Save a Custom View
- Hover over the views button and select 'Save my search as a view'.
- Enter a name and a description of the view and click 'Save As View'.
(optional) Check ‘Make this my default view’ to make it the default view that loads for the report.
Change the Default View
- Hover over the views button and select a view.
- Hover over the views button and click 'Set current view as default'.
Export the Report
Quickly export a copy of the Discounts report to share it with others who may need its data.
- Hover over the 'Export' button and select an export method.
Google Sheet | Copy the report data to a Google spreadsheet.
Email PDF | Send the report attached to an email in PDF format.
Email Excel | Send the report attached to an email in Excel format (.xlsx).
Share Link | Copy a direct link for the report to your clipboard.
Print | Print the report to a connected printer.